Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
- From several media it was reported that Prabowo Subiyanto from Gerindra Party possessed Rp 1,7 trillion which shows that he is the Richest Indonesian Vice President Candidate in this 2009 Year Election.
- He was reported to own shares in 27 Companies in the field of Mining, Plantation in several countries among others Argentina.
- All the Indonesian President Candidates and the Vice President Candidates assets and wealth has to be reported and verified by the KPK which is the Corruption Demolishing Committee.
- Jusuf Kalla the Presidential Candidate from Golkar which has an entrepreneur background possessed Rp 300 billion which had increased Rp50 Billion from his previous assets Report of 31 May 2007 of Rp253 Billion 14,928USD.
- Megawati Sukarnoputri as the Presidential Candidate from PDIP ( Partai Demokrasi Indonesia Perjuangan) which is the Indonesian National Democratic Party possessed Rp 146 Billion which had increased Rp60 Billion from her Rp86,26 Billion asset Report 9December 2004.
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono as the Presidential Candidate from Demokrat Party possessed Rp7,14 Billion 44,887USD Report 2 jULY 2007, which shows that he is the less riches Indonesian President Candidate.
Jakarta, May 20,2009
reported by agung supomo suleiman
ALSO PUBLISHED IN ALLVOICES GLOBAL MEDIA
Sunday, May 17, 2009
All the Indonesian Presidential and Vice President has to perform Medical Check up which is held at RSPAD Gatot Subroto Military Hospital Gatot Subroto, physically and mentally.
The funny story is that after the Medical Check up Yusuf Kalla said to the press that the checking of his health shows that he can think fast.
This is just like a political health statement since Jusuf Kalla political campaign motto is always that he is quick is making decision where he demonstrates it through his quick move in declaring himself as the President Candidate from Golkar Party and Wiranto as Vice President Candidate from Hanura Party.
The result of the Medical Check up shall be reported to KPU ((Public Election Committee). Jakarta, May 18,2009 Agung Supomo Suleiman
- Indonesia is now experiencing the Presidential and Vice President Election 2009
- There are 3 Candidates namely, Firstly, Jusuf Kala (enterpreneur background) as the Presidential Candidate from Golkar Party and Wiranto (Military Background) Vice President Candidate from Hanura Party, Secondly, Megawati (nationalist) as the President Candidate from the PDIP and Prabowo Subianto( military background and enterpreneur) from Gerindra, thirdly Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono as the Presidential Candidate from Demokrat Party and Boediono an Economist Professional.
- The interesting part is that Boediono is not a politician but he is well known as being honest and clean person during his post and assignment.
- The people of Indonesia shall have the right to Vote and elect from the above President Candidate and Vice President in this Election 2009.We hope that the campaign and the process of the above Presidential Election 2009 will be conducted and performed in a peaceful manner.
- Jakarta, May 17,2009
- Agung Supomo Suleiman
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
- Well, I am trying to write something about what I have in mind right now
- sometimes its really stressful, when you watch the coalition parties in Indonesia, where all parties are really striving to get the seats as the Vice President Candidate
- Actually, we need a statesman who can think clear without disrupted by partially parties interest.
- From the Media, we can read that Demokrat Party are proposing Boediono who has professionals economic background to be the Vice President candidate accompanying Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.
- this invites reaction from the other Parties, which says that such Vice President Candidate must be from a Party and not from professionals.
- if not in the Parliament, the Cabinet will face problems in proposing a policy.
- Me as a layman in the street just would like to say, that sometimes it is really frustrating listening to the reaction of such Parties.
- Why is it so ?
- It is just because everybody seems to be only busy fighting to get seats in the Top Executive regardless, whether such Party has a qualified candidate or not to be in such Top Level Position.
- I am just man in the street who looks from a distance relating to this coalition of Parties who are all striving to get a piece of the Power Seats in the Top Cabinet.
- Jakarta, May 13, 2009
- Agung Supomo Suleiman
Saturday, May 2, 2009
- Golkar and Hanura together with PDIP, PPP and Gerindra had signed a coalition for the Parliament. Immediately afterwards Jusuf KALLA has made a quick political move by making a quick decision and declaring that Golkar had announced Jusuf Kalla as its President Candidate and Wiranto from Hanura as the Vice President.
- This is the First Presidential Candidate and Vice Presidential Candidate, which had been announced officially by a Party in this 2009 Presidential Election.
- As we all are aware Jusuf Kalla has the entrepreneur and businessman background, while Wiranto has the military back ground. Having an entrepreneur background, Jusuf Kalla is used to make quick moves after knowing that at least the big Coalition between PDIP,PPP,GERINDRA, HANURA for the Parliament level had been signed, leaving the Presidential Candidate and Vice President from this Big Coalition to be still pending.
- Wiranto had also responded in making the quick moves by not wanting to lost this momentum, to agree in making such one step backwards, but is still within the Executive Top 2 level as Vice President Candidate.
- The most interesting part, with this development is that between and among the members of the coalition of GOLKAR, HANURA, PDIP (Nationalist Party), PPP (Moslem Party) and Gerindra, which had signed coalition for the Parliament, there may be sort of an understanding that each of the members of such coalition may compete each other in proposing its President and Vice President Candidate, or these actually may reflect a real hard and tough situation, is occurring between the Leaders of this Big Coalition, since all the Leaders namely Jusuf Kalla, Megawati Sukarnoputri and Prabowo are all striving to be the No 1 President Candidate.
- As I had earlier observed idealistically, the Coalition that has to be established by the opposing Coalition Party, who wants to compete with Susilo Bambang Suyudhono has to be a combination between massive Voters and Big Parties such as Golkar and PDIP, which Parties is respectively actually winning in gaining 14% of the Parliament Election 9 April 2009 due to its long time established experiences and such new born star Prabowo Subianto which can for sure "Jack Up" AND BOOST UP the numbers of Voters in competing with Bambang Susilo Yudhoyono.
- However, in pragmatical terms, since there seems to be a tough situation between their Leaders, Jusuf Kalla, as a risk taker and a fast mover, has taken his quick Political Moves, by declaring such Presidential Candidate, to end up the uncertainty condition.
- We can futher see, that Wiranto, who previously was also declaring himself to be the Presidential Candidate, had accepted to move one step backwards, by agreeing to be the Vice President Candidate accompanying Jusuf Kalla. It appears that Jusuf Kalla is making such quick step to avoid the strengthening of the internal problems occurring inside GOLKAR, where there are parts of members of the Gokar Party who still insists to be in coalition with Demokrat Party of Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.
- Jusuf Kalla also said that he realized, that it is a pity that GOLKAR coalition with Demokrat Party has to break up, but Jusuf Kalla said that by Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono making the criteria for the Vice President Candidate who will accompany SBY, is a signal from Susilo, that SBY does no longer wants to have a coalition with Golkar or Jusuf Kalla.
- Accordingly, Jusuf Kalla says that GOLKAR has to have an identity for itself. As a businessman Jusuf Kalla, for sure always dares to make risks in his live including of losing his challenge to be the elected President Candidate.
- Based on such background, even though the percentage of GOLKAR is 14% in the Quick Count Legislative Election of 2009, Jusuf Kalla does not want to just withdraw from this opportunity to forward himself as the Presidential Candidate and shall leave to the Voters as to whether they are choosing Jusuf Kalla to be their next President or not.
- Jusuf Kalla is aware that Prabowo Subiyanto, is one of the popular figure from GERINDRA, who wins 4% share of the Legislative Election seat based on the Quick Count, but Jusuf Kalla feels that since GOLKAR has won 14% share, Jusuf Kalla does not want to lose this chance of challenging himself as the Presidential Candidate.
- However, Jusuf Kalla is really a person who likes to challenge himself to participate on the Presidential Candidate and Wiranto from Hanura reads this opportunity, since this is the only chance to joint participating as the Vice President even though Wiranto was initially also submitting himself as the Presidential Candidate.
- From my observance, Wiranto realized that Prabowo Subiyanto seems to be popular within the PDIP Party to be suggested as the Vice President accompanying Megawati Sukarnoputeri from PDIP, and thus Wiranto is left no choice but to joint coalition with GOLKAR, within the this Big Coalition of PDIP,GOLDKAR,HANURA,GOLKAR and responded positive to Jusuf Kalla or GOLKAR's request to participate as the Vice President Candidate accompanying Jusuf Kala as GOLKAR's Presidential Candidate.
- Relating to PDIP, Megawati seems to be in a dilema situation, since if Megawati still insists on being the Presidential Candidate, it is unlikely that Prabowo will agree to be the Vice President accompanying Megawati Sukarnoputeri. This predication is just a wild guess, since Prabowo Subiyanto seems to be smart in playing the strategy to be still in his position in competing to be one of the Presidential Candidate, knowing his popularity in the eyes of the Voters who are eager to have some changes in the Indonesian Political Arena.
- However, for Prabowo Subiyanto to keep on his desire to participate in the Presidential Election, he may have to work hard in gathering other Parties to fulfil the limitation of Parliament shares of seats and votes to be able to be legitimate in participating as Presidential Candidate.
- Based on the above development, it will very interesting to see the outcome of such dilemma situation, where all the smart person shall play and show their power play strategy in this era of Democracy occurring in Indonesia.
- On the latest development relating to PAN (Muslim intellectual Party), Pan had declared officially to joint coalition with Democrat Party and named Hatta Rajasa as the Vice President Candidate to accompany Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono as the Presidential Candidate from Demokrat Party.
- This idea was really coming from Amin Rais, the former Head of PAN, where Amin says that since DEMOKRAT wins 20 % in the Legislative Election 2009, PAN Party has to joint coalition with DEMOKRAT, to be in the top position of the Executive by proposing Hatta Rajasa who has an entrepreneur background to fill in the empty position which formerly was Jusuf Kalla's seat.
- This really ends up the issue of whether PAN shall join coalition with GERINDRA where Soetrisno shall be proposed as Vice President Candidate from PAN accompanying Prabowo Subiyanto as President Candidate from Democrat Party.
- We observe that there are around 19 names of Vice President Candidate as mentioned by the speaker of Demokrat Party, but Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono until this present moment has not make any decision, which of such 19 names shall be his candidate for the Vice Presidential Candidate accompanying SBY as the Presidential Candidate.
- Well, the above are the latest report from Jakarta relating to this interesting changes of political map in the President and Vice President Candidate for the 2009 Presidential Election in Indonesia
Jakarta, May 2, 2009
Agung Supomo Suleiman
Friday, May 1, 2009
- “BIG DIFERRENCE BETWEEN INDEPENDENT PERSON AND MEMBER OF A POLITICAL PARTY”.
- As we observe, there is a significant difference being a political observer and political member of a Political Party.
- What is the difference?
- Well the big difference is that as an observer even though your just an amateur observer like me, can say and make an analysis without having being burden of being “kicked off” or “fired” by anybody, because we are just a free writer like me who has no boss expect we have to be responsible to our Creator as the Single Source of POWER who creates this world without feeling fatigue tired in guarding and preserving the Earth and the Sky (Surat Kursi / Al Baqarah paragraph 255)…. GOD ‘S KURSI extends over the Heavens and the Earth and HE feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. AND HE is the Most High, The Most Great (This verse is called Ayat ul Kursi)
- From my experience in this life, it is a matter of choosing as whether we want to be a carrier person in an organization or whether you chose to be free and independent outside an organization.
- For me, after experiencing 11 Years running my Law Firm at my own risk together with the full support of my wife, I really realize that I have actually chosen to be an independent person namely Lawyer as well as writer and observer, without being aware since I have elected to follow my heart.
- In such independent capacity, you are really free to write and make an independent analysis, and you really feel free and independent in exploring you mind related to what you have observed, just like from a "Bird's Eye View" flying in the sky and watching the world hehehe...
- As we can also observe the speaker of the Political Party can not speak nor say independently upon the prediction of who or which Presidential candidate are comparable and competitive with the existing figures as shown on the results of the Quick Count, because such speaker are blocked within the limits of his Political Party rules of birocracy and levels of authority to speak.
- Thus, sometimes such speaker appears to be much more as a politician who is trying to maintain power without seeing the real facts of figures being shown in the Quick Count.
- Accordingly, by nature you have to chose as to whether you want to be an independent person or person who is surrounded and limited with an organization or in these political aspects as member in a Political Party.
- For me at least for this present moment I rather chose and elect to be independent since I really like to write and express independently what I see and observe in this live journey.
- Jakarta, Saturday, May 02, 2009
- Agung Supomo Suleiman
I HAD ALSO HAD PUBLISHED in the ALLVOICES GLOBAL MEDIA
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
- Hi Long Time no see
- How is business
- Well we are all trying to survive in this new Era of 2009
- Its already the month of February so it is already the 2nd month of Year 2009
- Frankly speaking I am quite busy with my work
- That is one of the reason I had been off from this blog for quite a while
- It is election time in Indonesia
- The politic climate in Indonesia is getting "really hot" and exiting know
- many comments and new political issues pop up in the media
- There are several new Parties popping up in the advertisement
- several of the Heads of the Parties are candidates from former General in the military of Indonesia such as Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, Prabowo Subiyanto
- Several are entrepreneur such as Jusuf Kalla from GOLKAR , Prabowo Subiyanto form GERINDRA and several are Politic Carrier such as Megawati Sukarnoputri from PDIP ( Nationalist Democrat Party)
- So there are several religion back grounds, military back grounds, nationalist backgrounds such as most are the break up of the former Sukarno ideologies Party, secular backgrounds, labor backgrounds, and professional intellectual background.
- It is really interesting if we observe the development of democracy in Indonesia which sometimes appears sort of a "demo crazy"
- There are also many political comedians shows in the TV media which we never can imagine could happen during the former Suharto Era.
- In this shows, we can see that we are free to critic the still existing President in power.
- This is really happening in Indonesia
- Even though most of us sometimes are really bored with the members of the People House Representatives who frequently are more self centered and thinking about their own life style, on the other side of the coin we can see that Indonesia is really on the democracy era.
- In the reality we understand that in order for a Party to campaign, they really need money
- This also applies to the person who are campaigning himself / herself needs monies in a certain level and degree.
- Well, in the real world money talks.
- How do we as layman in the streets in Indonesia must react or do in these development.
- I think this really depends on the individual to decide since nobody has the power to influence such individual expect if such person are in the position of desperate to have immediate in having monies to be able to continue his stomach.
Agung Supomo Suleiman
- The leaders from Golkar and PDIP seems are only thinking that each of their top Leader can compete with Susilo Bambang Suyodhono, which I believe SBY is still the most popular Presidential Candidate
- By winning 20% in the Legislative Election 9 April 2009, SBY has demonstrated himself as the winning Voters compared to Jusuf Kalla and Megawati Sukarnoputeri where each of their Parties only gain 14%.
- If we look at the new born Party GERINDRA headed by Prabowo Subiyanto, this new born Party has gained 4% in the Legislative Election 9th April 2009, which also demonstrates that Prabowo Subiyanto is very popular in boosting himself with the motto of Changes as shown aggressively in his campaign through Indonesia Electronic Media including Facebook as been used by Obama.
- Thus the Coalition that has to be established by the opposing Coalition Party, who wants to compete with SBY has to be a combination between massive Voters and Big Parties such as Golkar and PDIP, which Parties is respectively actually winning in gaining 14% of the Parlaiment Election 9 April 2009 due to its long time established experiences and such new born star Prabowo Subianto which can for sure "Jack Up" AND BOOST UP the numbers of Voters in competing with Bambang Susilo Yudhoyono.
- The other Parties according to my observation, are just normal plain Parties non aggressive Parties without any aggressive ideas and motto nor program during the pre Parliament Election 9 April 2009, compared to the Advertisement and Program being carried by Gerindra and its motor Prabowo Subiyanto, which brings him into this point of no return.
- Prabowo’s back ground is military which is the same as "Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono".
- Prabowo is also entrepreneur family which is similar background with Jusuf Kalla. Prabowo's former "father in Law" is the former President Suharto which has the same background of Megawati whose father is the First President of the Republic of Indonesia Sukarno to be on the Indonesian Presidential Palace.
- In addition, Prabowo comes from an intellectual family background Sumitro who is well known in the University in Malaysia.
- Prabowo Subiyanto is graduated from West Point USA, Reputable, Military Education which makes him popular and can be accepted international, where Prabowo was a close friend with the Prince of Yordania who was also educated in Westpoint USA.
- Based on such strong and positive backgrounds, where for sure will accumulate Prabowo's Performance, if there has to be a coalition who can compete with the proven popular President Susilo Bambang Suyodhono, it has to be a combination of GOLKAR, PDIP and Prabowo Subiyanto.
- If not, there is great possibility that Bambang Susilo Yudhoyono will easily and smoothly gain the wining supports from the Indonesian Voters, since the other combination other than the above are more likely to loss this Indonesia No 1 Presidential Election.
- Jakarta, Jakarta 29, 2009
- Agung Supomo Suleiman
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
- Wauw, I did not realize that I kind of Like talking about politics movements occurring in Indonesia right now.
- Megawati Sukarnoputri seems to need Prabowo of Gerindra to support her popularity.
- Prabowo Subianto, I believe realize that he is being popular by the members of the PDIP (nationalist party) who feels and needs some new ideas and new fresh person to jack up its status in front of the Indonesian Voters in the coming Indonesian Presidential Elections.
- However, Golkar is also exploring to have sort of engagement with Prabowo Subianto to boost Jusuf Kalla in competing with Bambang Susilo Yudhoyono.
- But Jusuf Kalla is facing internal problems between its own circle in Golkar which is supporting Akbar Tanjung to be the Vice President in maintaining Coalition with Democrat.
- We can see that some elements in GOLKAR are not confident with itself in promoting Jusuf Kalla as the Presidential Candidate from Golkar or promoting Akbar Tanjung, because Golkar is not prepared to be out of the Top Positions as President or Vice President.
- In this kind of situation, many things and emerging new progress may erupt to the surface, where Prabowo Subianto maybe submitted as the other prospective Presidential Candidate, if GOLKAR and PDIP decided to establish its coalition against the Block of SBY on the other side, but not through proposing each of its Parties candidate Jusuf Kalla nor Megawati Sukarnoputri, but rather compromising to mutually agree in proposing Prabowo Subianto as their Presidential candidate representing their Coalition which consists among others of GOLKAR, PDIP,GERINDRA, HANURA.
- We can see that anything can happen ..in this coming minutes before the dead line date of 10th May 2009 as last date to propose its Presidential and Vice President candidate.
- in the Kompas Newspaper dated 29 April 2009, there are rumors within the GOLKAR Party that Wiranto the former Military General form Hanura is mentioned to be the Vice President candidate to accompany Jusuf Kalla as the Presidential Candidate.
- From the writers perspective if GOLKAR and PDIP coalition is intending to compete with the proved popular President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, then there must be a "Shock Therapy" Presidential Candidate from their Coalition such as Prabowo Subiyanto, who is popular with its motto to make "Changes", where he is combination of Military background, coming from intellectual and wealthy family, and the son of the popular person Sumitro, where he can speak English very fluently and was educated from West point USA, which will give the positive effect to boost this Coalition of PDIP, GOLKAR and GERINDRA, and HANURA in facing the Coalition of Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.
- We can observe, that at the same time, all the other Parties are also in the move of making its coalition and political moves, including the two strong proposals within the PAN internal circles where Amien Rais is promoting Hatta Rajasa (entrepreneur back ground) from PAN ( moderate intellectual religion background party) to be the proposed Vice President for supporting the President Candidate from Demokrat, whereas PKS ( Muslim Religion background) are also closing its position in the coalition with Demokrat by also proposing its own Vice President candidate .
- It is really interesting to watch the developments day by day since time is the essence due to the dead line in proposing the President and the Vice President from each of such blocks.
- We can see that interesting Political Developments are happening in Indonesia, since all Parties are fighting for their peace of power taste through Constitution.
- All the Indonesian realize that this Nation has to go forward in developing its Political and economical development progress facing ahead in this Global Economical crisis.
- Jakarta April 28,2009
- Agung Supomo Suleiman
It really is a brave move from GOLKAR to decide not to held a coalition with Demokrat in this coming Presidential election in Indonesia. This move is really significant, since GOLKAR who obtains 14% share in the Quick Count of the Legislative Election is taking the risk of not being in the position as the ruler of the Cabinet at least in the position as the Vice President. This is really challenging, since Golkar which by history is always being supported by the ruling power is forcing itself to take a chance of loosing its opportunity of not holding the top position in the Cabinet. The Central issue is actually the chemistry between the President SBY and JSK as the Vice President, which both person has different nature in handling matters. The background of JSK who is the head of Golkar, is from Sulawesi, where their culture is more of a straight forward person. In addition JSK is having an entrepreneur background where quick business management decision has to be made immediately to avoid the business momentum, and taking the business risks. Whereas, on the other hand SBY is from Jawa, and his back ground is from military, where SBY must take and consider all the views from various angles, which sometimes reflects as being not quick or prompt enough to make a decision, where JSK is being more prompt and quick in deciding a certain issue. Well, actually this can be a good combination and teamwork, but at the same time it could create certain conflict or contradictory perception being observed by the people outside the government circles. This kind of perception by us in the streets, is proofed to be close to a truth perception, as shown by the recent decision made by Golkar last night, where Golkar decided not to be in a coalition with Demokrat Party in the coming Presidential election in Indonesia. Jakarta, April 23, 2009 Agung Supomo Suleiman
Monday, April 27, 2009
- The reason why I can be interested in politic, since as a Business lawyer you are frequently faces with strong businessman who are stronger in its position in dealing and entering into a business arrangement with the other counter business part
- My Clients who are usually Indonesian Growing Business need some funds or capital injection to support or expand or help its business capacity in trying to seek a better business opportunity and chances.
- For instance my self I had been experiencing 11 Years trying with my best efforts to exist as a Business Lawyer who are really competing with the other lawyers in this competitive era
- It is really very hard to became in the same level with the other business law firms and business lawyers
- I believe we have to be tough and mentally strong to try to survive in this difficult era and second economical global recession
- Thus we can see that the struggle to survive shall include a certain level of sacrifices and needs some elements of strenght from the Bigger Stronger Elements as the Real Source of Power.
- Thus I really realized that I have some limitations of Power and I really need the help and assistance not from people or person who has the same and similar weakness as me, but I need some help from the Creator of this Power to survive and succeed in competing to survive and exist in this tough world of competitive.
- Like all the Parties who are competing to survive as the Leaders in the Executives as well as the Legislative seats, the real deeper questions shall be what are you or we are all seeking???
- Are we seeking Power for the Sake of Power ??
- As we can see and observe
- Fame creates Power
- Money creates Power
- Accumulation of Capital creates Power
- Wealth creates Power
- Intellectual creates Power
- Seats in the Parliament creates Power
- Seats in the Cabinet including President /Vice President creates Power
- seats in the executives in a Company creates Power
- Shareholders Meeting creates Power
- Wealth creates Power
- Influence creates Power
- Information creates Power
- Networking creates Power
- Are there any responsibilities attached to such Power?
- The answer of this questions must come and originates from the Creator of the Power.
- Well, based on my believes, The Holy Books which is the words of GOD says that Human Being are being granted as Leadership or "Khalifah", to conduct the mission to maintain this World to be a good and better place for all of its inhabitants, and not to create destruction but to take care that all of the wealth, fame, influence, network, seats in the Executives, Parliament, Corporations which are granted and allowed by the Creator to us, shall be used, partly distributed for the welfare of mankind and all or the creation created by the Creator including the animals, plants, environments, air, water, river, sea, and the whole universe as a whole.
- Based on the above, and based on the experience in representing my Clients in the Business Sectors, I learn and is being shaped to be interested in the process of balancing such Power for the good and better welfare of all of the stack holders of this Universe, World and Earth that we are living
- Jakarta, April 27, 2009
- Agung Supomo Suleiman
Hi Folks, we can see that Indonesia is entering a political interesting learning process. This emerges after Golkar and Democrat decided to split in its coalition. Yes, this is really very interesting for all of us in Indonesia who is experiencing a grand political coalition process after having the 2nd Real Legislative Election and President Election after the fall of the Former President Suharto in the Year 1998.Within this last days, there are many moves and approaches are taking places between the Parties to seek and found out a coalition between the Parties. How many blocks of coalition and who shall be the Presidential Candidates which will emerge shall be very interesting. The Indonesian Leaders of the Parties realized that the Power of such Presidential and its Vice President has to be made through Constitutional Elements, which are provided under the Indonesian Election rules and systems. There are some significant elements which could be identified among others military background which is discipline, nationalist party which had split into several nationalist parties, ethnics non jawa (for instance Jusuf Kalla) Presidential Candidate and Voters from outside of Jawa, and jawa Presidential Candidate (Susilo Bambang Yidhoyono)/Vice President, religion background and voters, entrepreneur background, which relates to economic improvements including the welfare of the Indonesia people in facing the global changes in politically and economically mapping which is occurring in this World. These are some of the significant elements which has to be taken into considerations by all the Parties who are competing and learning democracy and coalition in Indonesia. Every Nation has its own culture, ethnics, power background and history which is shaping and influencing its political, economical, and democracy learning process.
Jakarta, April 27, 2009
Agung Supomo Suleiman
Saturday, April 25, 2009
- Every Nation must be dare to make experimental moves
- This experimental Moves must be for the well being of mankind of this Nation
- Dare to make Changes for the well being of the people of this nation
- We must jump out of the Box
- We are a freedom Nation who is living in this Globalization Era
- The Mapping of the "Political Balance" and "Economical Balance" of this world are changing
- New Power Nation are emerging
- The Balance of Power of the Nations are changing
- China and India is emerging
- How about Indonesia ?
- This really depends upon the people of this Nation
- The 5 Years future of this Nation lies in your hands who are the Voters of the New Coming President
- Don't depend on other nations, but put your dependency in the hands of yourself
- Remember there is the inner power within yourself as a nation
- You must all dig the potential within yourself
- "United We Stand" "Devided We Fall"
- We as a Nation managed to survive as a nation since the First Economic Recession which hits this Country in 1998
- Now we are facing the 2nd Economic Crisis which started from the USA who is now being assisted by the Injection of Funds from the Government which are actually the monies of the people of the USA who are paying Taxes.
- How about Indonesia ?
- Thanks to God that we have managed and can show the world that we had succeeded in conducting the 9 April 2009 Election of the Peoples House Representatives Peacefully.
- The Second Phase is Election of the New Coming President
- Let us show the world that we are a Civilized Nation who can be United as a Nation in holding this coming Presidential Election
- Bravo Indonesia
- Bravo the People of Indonesia from Aceh to Papua
- May God Bless Us as a United Nation so called The Republic of Indonesia
Agung Supomo Suleiman
Friday, April 24, 2009
During the cabinet meeting today the still existing President until October 2009, Susilo Bambang Yudhono makes a statement which is very educative as a States leadership to the people of Indonesia by saying that he will guarantee that the existing Government including SBY and Yusuf Kalla and the cabinet will gurantee continuing governing until October 2009 smoothly. SBY further says that competitive in Presidential Election is normal, where Susilo Bambang Yudhono says that he is the Presidential Candidate from Demokrat Party and Jusuf Kala shall be the Presidential Candidate from Golkar with positive body gesture looking at Jusuf Kalla. SBY further says that it is normal in a Democracy State and Era that at one time you are in one boat or Cabinet and at the other time each other will be in a different places. As a normal Indonesian Citizenship we are really proud of having a mature Real States Man such as Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono who knows how to position himself as the Head State which is in the function of educating the whole people of Indonesia how Democracy must function. At the same time SBY can show the world that Indonesia is processing democracy in the right direction based on the color and characteristic of Indonesia. We can see that the other Parties Leadership such as Yusuf Kalla and Megawati are also showing and educating the whole people how the process of democracy is taking place, whereby Megawati Sukarnoputri ( the former President) as the Head Of PDIP says in the press conference after the meeting with Yusuf Kalla, that PDIP is common and used during the 5 years, to be in the psoition as opposition and says that Yusuf Kalla and Golkar is used to be in the Executive or in the Governing position.I believe that healthy political process is occurring in Indonesia. This is really good and shows that democracy in every country and places must be processed through "learning by doing" and shall follow the "real condition and nature of such country". As we know Indonesia consists of hundreds of islands stretching from Aceh to Papua with multy ethnics, cultures, religions and state of believes, having the population of more than 200 million. Such Great Nation which during its formely late history, experienced being multy separated Monarch, Kings, within the Islands, and was once occupied by the Dutch Country, which initially was controlled by VOC, which is a Dutch Trade Company, due to Indonesian reach of hearbs, during the late years of 1830 ies, Japan for 3 Years, and became a freedom Country namely The Republic of Indonesia, since 17 August 1945 through physical fought bloodsed struggle combined with diplomatic efforts. The first election was held in 1955. But then after the Nation processed through several cabinets and Presidential and Parliament system, there was the period of trying to be "Long Live President Sukarno", which was the "charismatic man" of Never Ending Revolution, during the times of great Leaders such as Nehru from India, Abdul Nasser from Egypt, was there, and held the Asia and Africa Conference in Bandung, but then was taken over by the late President Suharto after the Nation experienced the controversial history, and was then followed by a Centralistic Government under the Former President Suharto, where only 3 Parties exists namely Golkar, PPP and PDI, which is actually all formed and was engineered by the Ruling Party under the control of former President Suharto together with the Strong Fist Military for almost 30 Years. The turning point of Indonesia becoming Democracy, begins in 1998 after the wide spread student movement, all over the country, which occupied the People's House of Representatives at Senayan Jakarta, which formerly also experienced several sporadic student movements, but this former sporadic movement was being controlled by the Centralised Government during such former. During the 1998 students movement, the First Economic crisis which hits the Asian Region starting from Thailand, was also contributing the resigning of the former President Suharto, where several President with short Period had occurred starting from Habibie who was the Vice President, and election takes place where Abdurachman Wahid won the Presidential Election, but was not for so long, which then, Megawati Sukarnoputri become the next President and was the First Woman President in Indonesia. The Subsequent Election was held in 2004, where Susilo Bambang Suyodhono was the winning President even though Demokrat Party was a new formed Born Party, participating in such election and only wins 7 % of the Legislativee Seats in the Parliament.So having said the brief background of this Great Nation of the Republic of Indonesia, with multi ethnics and cultures I hope that the readers in this whole world can grasp a brief view of what is happening in Indonesia at this present moment in the Year 2009. This Nation has the Red and White Flag which symbolized Bravery ( red) and Purity( white) and has the Motto during its independence Merdeka meaning Freedom and the Motto United We Stand and Divided We Fall or in Bahasa Indonesia "Bersatu Kita Teguh Bercerai Kita Runtuh". This Nation even-though contains many Ethnics with its own native Culture and Local Language, and declared to have 1 National Language which is Bahasa Indonesa or Indonesian Langguage which actually was taken from the Language of Melayu where it is originated from the Island of Sumatera which is "the Left Big Island of Indonesia", and having the Motto "Bhineka Tunggal Ika meaning "Many Ethnics/Cultures but Is United in One". That is all for today.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Agung Supomo Suleiman
- In Indonesia today is an important day because it is the election day
- we vote and elected the parties and the representative from such parties to be the peoples representatives in the Parliament
- It was really interesting because there are so many Parties who participate in such election
- The most important thing is that we are being given the chance to select our representative
- from the registered entitled person to vote in my place it appears only 65% participated exercising their right to vote and came to the election poll
- some of my friends in other places are not registered as entitled person even though they had been living in their places for a long time and had held the Identity Card as Registered habitat in their places for a long time
- It appears that the system of the election committee has to be revitalized and improved because it makes the person who cannot participate feels really frustrated.
- we do not know whether there was a deliberate intention since you may find many similar cases in other parts of the polling election experienced by my other friends.
- well, we shall see the results of the election in this coming days
Agung Supomo Suleiman